Let’s take it back to middle school or even high school when the answer to all your research papers came right off of Wikipedia. Wikipedia had everything I needed for a paper or project with having to do more research on it. I thought it was the best thing ever until I went to college and all my dreams were shattered.

It’s my freshman year and our first research paper was due in two weeks. I was pretty nervous but I knew that Wikipedia had the answers to all my questions so I was less nervous. I remember walking into class confident I was going to do well on this paper when the first slide read “Don’t use Wikipedia, it’s an unreliable source!” I thought it was the end of writing for me, because now I actually had to go search and read through multiple sites, but I learned that the average person can go into Wikipedia and add take away or change facts online. I was shook.

I quickly learned a shortcut for research papers so I wasn’t as mad anymore. I was introduced to the library’s website where I can actually go in and type in keywords then it generates different scholarly and reliable articles which made my research game on point. And to top it all off it sites it in any format you need so it makes citing your sources easy!


But hey, Wikipedia may be unreliable but it is a great platform for collaboration!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toys!

It's harder than it looks..