The digital age

Photo by Pixabay

All of us can agree that technology keeps progressing each and every day. Fortunately for a lot of us we were able to live through the progression of technology and we got experience the drastic change and everything in between. I remember growing up we had a computer and if someone was on the phone and you turn on the computer the phone call disconnects. I remember my mom would get so angry at my older sister because they would do that while she was on the phone because they wanted to hop on and message their friends. I remember there was not much to do online. It was mainly for emailing, messaging, work related stuff and research. The most fun I had was going on "Paint" and creating things. I was very little when the progressing started skyrocketing. 

Now with new technology we have the internet at our fingertips. We can message people with our watches and instantly connect with someone across the world. With this progression social media grw with the technology. Now we can see live videos of people across the world, we can capture moments and post them instantly. With this new media we are able to be more diversified and knowledgeable about what's going on in the world.  

Let's take what happened in Vegas for instance.. I was able to see a live streaming of what was going on at the moment in vegas through Facebook and twitter. 

It crazy how the progression of technology and media has changed over the course of 20+ years. This has given us a whole new perspective on communication and connection with others. New Media has given us a greater and more direct way of communication!  

Here is an awesome article about social media! Check it out it really gets you thinking! :) 


My prayers go out to all the people and their families who were affected by the Vegas shooting

Comments

  1. Hi Lara! I agree with you that it is crazy how much we've seen technology progress in the time we've been alive. I too recall there wasn't much to do with the internet except for research when I was much younger. I can remember trying to make reading Encyclopedia Britannica interesting because I switched between that and paint like you said. Now we're so connected, running with the example you gave about the Vegas shooting, I was getting push notifications from the New York Times before I even went to bed that Sunday night. This week, there was a huge fire in Bisbee, and I watching a reporter live on the scene hours after it happened. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Toys!

It's harder than it looks..